Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 20, 1985

 
LCPL Kevin Adam Lucas
20 Sep 1985 - 26 May 2006

26 years ago today God gave our family a little boy. A son for my dear parents and a brother for my sister and I. I celebrated his birthday today without him, as we all have done for the past almost 6 years. Why? You ask.My brother is an United States Marine. And almost 6 years ago on May 26, 2006 he was taken from us while fighting for our country in Ramadi Iraq. Some days it doesnt seem real like I could just pick up the phone and call him. But I cant, so I go on with my life. He remains in my heart everyday. I like to sometimes think that he is there watching over me and my family. Talking to my children when I am not watching. Like when I look and see Kevin laughing at nothing or Kaity talking to her "friend". I just want to say today as you celebrate your 26th Birthday from heaven, Happy Birthday Adam. I hope that you know I am thinking of you, miss you more everyday, and Love you so much. 







No comments:

Post a Comment