Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrift Store Mama

Ok so I know I have been neglecting my blog. BAD TOAD. But I have an update on my thrift store find and what I made from it. So I saw this tutorial over at Happy Baby Designs. I thought I can do that. So I went out on a mission. I got this plain old lamp and ugly shade:

 But decided that I did not like the lamp shade with this lamp. So I bought another one with a different shade. 


So I stripped the lamp shades and took the lamp apart. I did not need the cord and electric voodoo of the lamp so too k it all out and spray painted it white.  

 
After 2 coats of paint I put it back together. Added some pretty ribbon and a hand made bow. And Voila!

 I think it turned out Great! It now sits in my daughter's bathroom. I have added alot more bows since this picture as well. I am also going ot convert the other small lamp as well. :) Yes I have alot of bows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment