Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011

Well another year has come and gone. Lots of memories. This year I watched my not so little girl Alexandra become a teenager and start the 8th grade, my sweet Kaitlyn turned 5 and started Kindergarten, and my happy little boy Kevin go thru all those baby milestones and turn 1. My husband and I celebrated 7 wonderful years as husband and wife and we spent our first whole year in Hawaii. There has been some ruff patches here and there but no regrets. Everything is a learning experience. 

So as the new year is upon us I think to the future. I have many goals but only a few I want to actually accomplish in the coming year. 

This year I work on me. I want to lead a healthier life. Eat better. Exercise more. And get my body back in good shape again. I want to be able to keep up with my kids.

I also want to learn to save more so that we are prepared for things that are unavoidable and sneak up on you. Like that flat tire or dentist appointment you didn't plan. 

I also want to do more as a family. Make plans and actually stick to them. Like if we say hey lets go to the beach Saturday, actually get up and go to the beach. Not say ugh I don't feel like it. It just makes me feel lazy and the kids miss out in the process. 

And finally I  want Mike and I to have more couple time. We almost never spend any time just the two of us anymore. We need to get back to that. You know, have a day night once and a while. Go to a movie or go get dinner together. 

So with that said I welcome the new year and things to come. I welcome change. I look forward to making new memories with my wonderful family.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
May the year bring you joy and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! 2012 is YOUR year! Do things for yourself; you deserve that. You give so much of yourself to everyone else. Do something for you, Dev. It will make you happier and in turn, make everyone else happier too. You can reach all those goals. I know you can do it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete