Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mamaw

 So I was really missing my mamaw this morning and saw this and decided to post it.

God looked around his Garden
and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth
and saw your loving face.

He put his arms around you
and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful,
he always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering,
he knew you were in pain.
And knew that you would never get
well on Earth again.

He saw your path was difficult,
he closed your tired eyes.
He whispered to you "Peace be Thine",
and gave you wings to fly.

When we saw you sleeping
so calm and free of pain.
We would not wish you back
to Earth to suffer once again.

You've left us precious memories,
your love will be our guide.
You live on through your children,
you're always by our side.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
but you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you
on the day God called you home.

2 comments:

  1. How odd that Mamaw was on my mind the last few days as well. Sometimes I wish I could pick up the phone and call her and then I wish I had done it more often than I did. I hope she knew how much i loved her and how much she meant to me and what an empty place there is here now without her. She always knew how to make everything better, whether it was with her words or her food or whatever. I miss that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. She always knew what to say. Or what not to say. In that case the food usually done the talking. But I agree, I should have called her more often as well.

    ReplyDelete