Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Soldier's Wife and The Army Wife's Prayer

A Soldier's Wife
I hate to watch
Each time you leave
And I hide from you
How much I grieve

I know it’s your duty
And you will go
But once you are gone
I will miss you so

I know you’ll come home
As soon as you can
But right now you’ll deploy
Like an honorable man

So I’ll keep things together
Till you can come back
But, this is where you belong
Not some desert in Iraq

Yet, I do understand
Why you risk you’re life
For that’s a Soldier’s job
And I’m a Soldier’s wife.

By Darla Foster


 






The Army Wife's Prayer
Dear Lord,

-Give me the greatness of heart to see, the difference between duty and his love for me.
-Give me understanding that I may know, when duty calls him he must go.
-Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away.
-And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment