Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Really! Moment of the Day 10/12/15

So, to all those that know me I grew up in what used to be a little town in Mississippi. And people would often say I am very redneck. I have done most things a redneck country girl has done. Cleaned a dear, plucked a chicken, shucked peas, shot a gun, etc. With that being said. Let me bring you all the way to present day me. I'm still your basic redneck country girl, but as my girl Lacey would tell you 'Ghetto Redneck." Ha! 

So yesterday I am preparing to cook a whole chicken in the crock pot for dinner. ( Which I have never done but it turns out it is fairly easy. ) So I set the, what I thought was fully thawed chicken, in the sink to take it from its wrapping. I get it all unwrapped and set in the sink. ( Now I am home with only my four year old son and he is in the back bedroom watching TV. ) I look down at said chicken and think (out loud) to myself, "I wonder if its like a turkey and has the bag of unused body parts in the damn thing?" So I proceed to pull the loose skin from the neck of the chicken and see that there is indeed a NECK in the chicken. ( It is also NOT fully thawed on the inside!) 



So I reach in to grab it and realize that it is NOT in a baggy. So out loud again I say, " Ew Ew, Ew Ew. Nope." I then reach over and grab my kitchen shears and begin to cut said chicken down the bottom of it to open it up. I again realized that it still has its LIVER too! So out loud again (and all this to myself as my son is still in the back of the house) I say, " Nope. Hell NO! I am not picking body parts out of a damn chicken. NOT happening. Mike will do this when he gets home." I then grab a huge zip lock, stick the freaking chicken in the bag and toss it in the fridge. 

So later that morning I am on the phone with my girl Lacey and I am telling her about this chicken incident. And she is just rolling. Come to find out she is EATING chicken. For breakfast! But not just any kind of chicken. A rotisserie chicken!! Who does this?! All my talk about livers and necks and shit has just made her lose her appetite so bad that she throws said chicken away! By this time we are BOTH just rolling! 

Lacey and I don't get to spend much time together or talk on the phone alot, as we live almost 4 states away from one another. But when we do get to talk, it is like NO time has passed. We still talk to each other the way we did when we were growing up and saw each other daily. And are ALWAYS laughing. 

Obviously there is just never a dull moment in my life. Or MY friends lives either. 




No comments:

Post a Comment