Friday, January 28, 2011

January 27 - National Chocolate Cake Day

I know it is kind of late to be posting this... BUT I wanted to get it posted before today was actually over. Altho it IS over for the east coast, it is NOT however for us here in Hawaii. 

**Special Thanks to Tammy for making me aware of this day**

National Chocolate Cake Day

When : Always January 27th 

Chocolate Cake Day is a a chocolate lovers delight, and a day to eat cake. Why this a day to "bake your chocolate cake....and eat it, too!" 

On this day, a white or yellow cake will not do. Nor, will part chocolate, part white suffice. It must be chocolate, all chocolate. You can make milk chocolate, dark chocolate, fudge, or any other type of chocolate cake. 

There are three objectives of Chocolate Cake Day: To bake a chocolate cake. To decorate a chocolate cake. And, to eat a chocolate cake. Of course, if you are to busy to bake or decorate a cake, then just eating a chocolate cake will certainly do!  



Origin of Chocolate Cake Day:
Extensive research did not find the creator, or the origin of this day. Perhaps, it was a baker. Perhaps, it was a food company. Most likely, it was a chocolate cake...eater! 

4 comments:

  1. Well, at least one of us got to blog about it. And where am I mentioned in the credits for making you aware of this most wonderful holiday? LOL

    I had no chocolate cake yesterday; so I'm thinking a trip to Cracker Barrel this weekend for a piece of their Coca-cola chocolate cake is in order. I'll think about you while enjoying and send you pics...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL so sorry. I will edit now. LOL

    And BTW....

    You suck!

    Yes u better eat some for me. As well as some fried ocra, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc Thelist goes on for days, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to do you proud and eat as much on your list as possible...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL good. We dont have one here and I am deprived. Sonic either. :( I am lost.

    ReplyDelete