Friday, January 28, 2011

My "Really?!" Moment of the Day

OK, so I thought I would make a Really?! moment of the day post bc EVERYONE says I say it WAY too much. LOL It may be true. But there is SOOOOOOO many moments that need that word inserted there. So each day I will try and post a Really?! moment from my day. With that said here is my first entry.

So this morning I went on my front porch to see if the newspaper was out there. We get the Star Adviser on Fri, Sat, and Sun every week. And Alex was told yesterday at the Play 60 event that she would be in the paper. Now I am not sure which paper that is. Could be the weekly Army paper put out here for all I know. ANYWAY. I look over on the little table on my front porch and see my husbands Dip can sitting there. Upon noticing the can I also see a Gecko. Yes a Gecko. Now this Gecko sees me too. Cause the damn thing looked right at me. He was about as long as the length of a coke can tail and all. Would have been longer but his tail looked as if it had been cut off at some point in his life, healed, and was growing back. ANYWAY. I go to reach for the can to throw it away and this gecko proceeds to JUMP into my flower that is on my table. 


REALLY?!

I did not even know that they could jump! This poses a big problem for me. I am not even gonna begin to explain what kind of convulsions I will go into if one of those little geckos decides to jump onto any part of my body. It was bad enough that we had a baby one the size of your thumb in our home for a week and couldn't find it. I was always watching where I stepped. When we did finally find it, it was squished under the leg of Kaitlyn's rocking chair.

In the words of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka:
EW!

It was really gross.  So one jumping on me would be a problem. Ok, so that is my Really?! moment of the day. Stay tuned to more Really?! moments comming to this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who knows you will be laughing their heads off at this just like I was when you told me on the phone....cause I can just see you and your reaction...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me. Always good for a laugh. LOL

    ReplyDelete