Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update :)

Well as most of you know I have been really sick with the worst sinus infection ever. I do believe I may have developed some allergies since living here in beautiful Hawaii. I am feeling alot better now and ready to get the blog updated and going again. A few things have happened since Saturday. 

My husband got some really good news yesterday. He will be on the Military detail at the the Pro Bowl here in Honolulu. He will be in the group that introduces the players on stage along with the kickoff show to the Superbowl: The Goo Goo Dolls! He is absolutely beside himself. He has really been wanting to go but with tickets being so pricey it was not an option this year. But now he gets to not only go to the game but be a part of it and be on national TV. 

Also on another note, my daughter will be participating in the NFL Play 60 Cheer leading clinic held this afternoon on Schofield Barracks Army Post. She will be getting pointers and tips from some NFL cheerleaders. She is really excited about it! I will hopefully be getting some pictures while there. :) There will also be the NFL football players there doing a football clinic as well. :) So I am going camera ready.

This weekend, thurs & Fri, I will be attending the TAPS Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp. I will be gathered with more family survivors that have lost loved ones in the Operation Iraqi Freedom War. I have been told that there will be 8 siblings and 8 widows there that live on this island. I am kind of excited to meet the siblings here and be around others who have gone thru what I have. Everyone tries to have sympathy for me at my loss but I want to be able to talk to someone who understands and knows exactly what I am going thru. That understands that even tho we lost a brother and/or sister to this war we are usually set aside and not thought about. Its always the parents that are recognized. People don't seem to understand that we lost someone too. We lost our brothers and our sisters. And that is something you cant get back. That there are special bonds between brothers and sisters that parents sometimes don't get. And don't stop to think that we as siblings are hurting just as much. I really sympathize with parents who have lost children in this war bc I couldn't never imagine what they have gone thru losing a child. But they should also remember that all is not lost. They still have other children that need them and love them. And are still here. Alive and well.

Ok now that I have said my piece I am going to end this. But will be back tonight to do a little catch up before the weekend with Project 365 pictures and of course Syncsta Sunday. :) Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment